Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Knitting Scouts

Just stumbled upon this one: Knitting Scouts - a podcast about knitting.

"Wherein it is acknowledged that members are:
  • Not opposed to alcohol.
  • Into badges.
  • Mostly in agreement that there is no right way to knit.
  • Committed to diligent positive and accurate presentation of knitting and knitters, to editors, producers, directors, and those generally presumed to be part of "The Media" in an effort to close the gap of Public Knitting Literacy."
...and I will oblige by sharing the tale of how I earned the following badges:


The "Proselytize Knitting" Badge - I have a tendency to knit where ever I might have to kill some time, such as doctor's office waiting rooms, and I travel a lot for work, so you'll see me knitting at airports and on airplanes around the country. Some innocent bystander almost always asks me, "what are you making?" I answer politely; it's usually socks - my fave portable knitting project. Most people are hugely impressed.

The “MacGyver” Badge (Level Two) - I have indeed used knitting tools for purposes other than knitting. For example, I use my aluminum size 13 needle for bending wire into a coil for jewelry. :)

The "Knitting Whilst Under the Influence" Badge - Um...yeah. Of course! Knitting and beer just go together.

The "Knitting Got Me Through My Divorce" Badge - Self-explanatory.

There are some other good ones on there that I have yet to earn, so check them out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...