Saturday, January 28, 2012

Mad Men dress; jodhpurs

MegaCon is coming up soon, and last year, I did a "steampunk" inspired outfit, but this year I want to change it up. I recently finished watching all four seasons of Mad Men and I want to do something in that era. I've been sitting on a bunch of old Butterick retro patterns and I pulled this one:


I don't know what's gotten into me, because this really isn't my style, but maybe that's why I'm drawn to it. Now I have to go shopping for a girdle, or I might put some boning in the bodice, otherwise, I can't do this waistline. 

For another costume, I threw together a pair of jodhpurs using this pattern:
This was a very good pattern! Easy to use, easy to adjust and has the look I was going for. Now I have the bottom half of my Star Wars Imperial Officer uniform!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...