Sunday, June 01, 2003

Greetings from Aachen, Germany...

My trip to Zurich was wonderful. I will post a detailed report with pictures when I have more time. To summarize, it was better than France. Zurich has the highest standard of living in the world, I think. It is a very modern well-ordered city with the feel of old Europe. The food was good, the people were nice, I went to see Luzern and the top of Mt. Pilatus, I saw some cows, I bought some chocolate. The train ride to Cologne was nice. I stopped in Cologne just long enought to walk around the cathedral which is a block from the train station. It was worth the stop. It is the most impressive old Medieval structure that I have ever seen. It is huge. I regret not having taken a guided tour, but I didnt want to stay long. I got on the train to Aachen and it was PURGATORY. People packed into the aisles and me with my huge suitcase. Luckily, a nice English-speaking business man saw my difficulty and told me when to get off the train (it was hard to tell) and pointed me in the right direction to my hotel, the Marschiertor. I felt better after a shower, and then I walked around the Dom here--it is also an amazing example of medieval architecture. Today, did the same thing pretty much, but on Sundays there is flea market set up all around the Dom and the Rathaus. So, there was plenty to see, just walking around. However, I think that I have seen it all now, and there is only work left for me to do and then home again.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...