Sunday, June 22, 2003

The Longest Day


So, we (Khafif, et al) did not busk afterall. It might have been the longest day of the year, but it was cold and damp here in the 'Burgh. I think we've had a total of seven sunny days in three months, but hey, it's Pittsburgh. We ended up doing the other thing we do when it's not playing music and dancing--we watch movies. Usually with some theme in mind, for example, we were on a "sexploitation films of the 70s" kick for a while, but today I managed to convince half the group into watching a Japanimation film: Spirited Away. I thought it was quite good but I think the rest thought those who made it were on drugs. We also watched Monsoon Wedding and The Guru--which had us in stitches most of the time. I can't understand why it got mixed reviews, but I guess you have to be us to appreciate that sort of thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...