Friday, June 08, 2012

New corset: the time traveler

Made from a piece of linen with an interesting pattern of globes and clocks on it. I thought it looked "steampunky". This time, I did include the wooden busk that I purchased a couple Pennsics ago from ReconstructingHistory.com, and I also used reed/cane boning, which is so light and easy to work with, I might never go back to steel for this kind of corset. 

Still using this pattern from Simplicity:
So far, the best one I've used for this style of corset that is both historically accurate and easy to follow. 

I am working on an open-front gown that is more SCA-period to go over it. 


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...