Saturday, June 30, 2012

The Tudor Tailor comes to life


Progress continues on the late Tudor wardrobe, inspired by this look from The Tudor Tailor:
  
They have published a pattern for it, but I had already started drafting the pattern from the grids in the book - which worked out really well. 

 

I made the kirtle/petticoat out of some red linen that I sat on for a long time. I was glad to liberate it from my stash. The fitted, open front gown is made of a burnout velvet with a fine print that has also been sitting around for a while. 

 

The paned sleeves were the trickiest part, but I like how they look. The tartan bodice looks good on the red kirtle, too. I probably won't ever make sleeves because it's always too hot at Pennsic to wear them. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...