Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Khafif Happenings...


The gig at the Carnegie Library in Braddock was cool. The building has wonderful acoustics, and it was an appreciative audience. I'll post the pictures when I eventually get them scanned. I have to be proud of us because we did a full, solid 30 minute set that included a variety of pieces, and we could've done more. We don't have any public performances scheduled in the immediate near future, but we have some other projects brewing, and big things planned for Spirit of the Tribes in March. Stay tuned--check the link at left for updates.

Home Improvements, Preparing for NYE...


Spent the weekend reorganizing our kitchen. Made some modest purchases at Ikea for a new island/countertop unit and some shelves and it is making a really big difference in the functionality and practicality of the space...I know, I know, BORING, but this is all done in preparation for our dreaded annual NYE party. I swore I wasn't going to have another one, but I was overruled by the SO and his cousins who twisted my arm and promised me that I would not lift a finger. Sitting back and watching them cook and clean for the party might just be worse torture for me than doing all that work myself (as I have done in past years.)

DVD Recommendation: Duellists


And in continuation of my exploration of Ridley Scott's past work, we rented and watched The Duellists with some friends. This movie surprised me in many ways. For having been made in the 1970s, the costuming was amazing. But, guys, don't let the fact that it's a costume flick put you off--the story is about two men who engage in a succession of duals over a period of 15-20 years--there's plenty of action and blood. The extra features include an interview with Ridley Scott and director's commentary, which is worth watching.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...