Thursday, March 27, 2003

Can't we all just get along....To Kill a Mockingbird...Khafif Merch (cont.)...


The war thing is very depressing. My SO reviewed all the UN resolutions, and convinced me that it is legal--that still doesn't make it right. He also woke me up at 1 AM a couple nights ago to tell me that he saw the American POWs being executed on Iraqi tv (via al-jazeera). Needless to say I couldn't get back to sleep. I think that the pro-war folks get the wrong impression from the anti-war folks. Protesting the war doesn't mean that you don't "support the troops". In fact, you care so much about them that you want them to come home safe. NONE of the U.S senate have any children in the service to worry about being sent home in a body bag. One of my coworkers who is a conservative Bush supporter has two sons in the military who are currently awaiting orders at Ft. Dix and she is literally on the edge of her seat with anticipation and worry that the next phone call will mean they are being shipped out. Being in that position, how could you support war? Being a Buddhist wannabe, you could never talk me into supporting war or violent action (with the exception of self-defense). The SO enjoys watching things blow up.

Enough with the war....on to more enlightening things, like reading the classic "To Kill a Mockingbird." For some reason, we are all supposed to be reading it. It's part of some community program: One Book, One Community. There were 50 copies sitting on the shelf in the library, and I finally picked one up. It's actually quite good so far.

And, at last, I have listed the Khafif CD and video on eBay. Shop my eBay store link at left.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...