Saturday, July 05, 2003

I just had the most wonderful evening and I wasn't even expecting it. I had a typical Saturday, went to dance class, wandered around the South Side, then worked on some music with Melissa through the afternoon. Happened to check my email and noticed a post on the Beehiver's list about a friend's band playing at the Quiet Storm Cafe this evening, which BTW, is one of THE coolest venues in Pittsburgh. So, we went to check it out. I had no idea what to expect. I had heard about Trish's band but I didn't know what kind of music they played or anything. I was amazed, impressed, and completely enchanted. They played exactly the kind of music that I would listen to all the time, if they had a CD! They are working on one, and Trish was nice enough to give me a demo after I told her how much I loved the set. If you would like a listen, they have some audio samples on their Web site here: Between the Waters.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...