Tuesday, October 15, 2002

Had lots of fun this weekend. "Pirates" was good. Also checked out Fester's Freak Show at the Rex, and ended up at Dee's later on (note that the link points to the review of Dee's on Barsmart.com--this is one of my SO's pet projects. He can indeed use his powers for good.) And, I already have a full weekend planned ahead. I'm probably going to see the new movie Secretary (playing at small and indie theaters), and there is also the "hafla" on Saturday at the Quiet Storm Coffehouse, hosted by Zafira Dance Co. Of course, Khafif and several other local troupes and performers will be there. Now I just have to survive the rest of this week. I finally finished "Return of the King" and exchanged it for a biography of the Lady Mary Wortley Montagu, a remarkable lady of the 18th c. who lived for a time in Turkey and wrote about her travels there. Hopefully that, and a new crochet project that I started will distract me from the deadly silence in the living room--our TV finally died. Our furnace is broken too, so it's a nice toasty 60 degrees in our house.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...