Sunday, October 06, 2002

So the "Ren" wedding I attended this weekend was fun, lots of good costumes. It is interesting to see what people-who-aren't-in-the-SCA come up with for such occasions. I had the regular film camera so it will be a while before I get pix up. It took place at Shakespeare's Restaurant & Pub at Olde Stonewall Golf Club. The place looks like a castle and is lavishly decorated inside with Medieval-esque tapestries, suits of armor, etc. I would recommend it if you were looking for someplace special/fancy to take a date or rekindle romance. That, and I got some more things straightened out with my car this weekend. Apparently, the state of PA doesn't approve of my Euro-style tail lights, but after I got that sorted out, I took it for a much needed wash...and got some sewing done, of course--all those little mending jobs that had to go on hold are now turning into stuff I can wear again. That was my weekend. Oh yeah, and I also played my new favorite game--watching ONLY just my favorite scenes from all the movies I have on DVD. I like this technology. It's an immediate gratification thing--I don't ever have to sit through the parts I don't like again. I just watch the parts I do like, over and over as much as I want. Wait a second, that sounds kinda sick. OH well.
Upcoming events...
In other news, my bro's band, Stasis (yes, I don't like the name either but whattya gonna do?), is playing at the American Music Cafe, October 26. I heard them practice, and they are really good and worth seeing, if you like Iron-Maiden-esque progressive metal. They borrowed my digital camera the other day:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...