Monday, August 25, 2003

So I played a few more songs with the Wild Geese on Saturday at the Harp & Fiddle. It was quite a rush. The audience was great. Thanks to my friends who came out, I had my own cheering section. This is probably just an Irish thing, but it seemed that everyone was related to one another somehow. And, there's just something invigorating about being able to clap and sing along with the band. I am probably not playing with them on a regular basis, but if I did, it would take a lot more work for me because their repertoire is huge and I am unfamiliar with Irish music. Sure, my family is mostly Irish, but it was not a very musical family until my generation. It was a challenge, and a welcome distraction from my personal-life-in-ruins.

In other news, more Pennsic pix to be found here on Pennsic.net.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...