Sunday, June 09, 2002

Okay so I was somewhat disappointed with the show at the Blue Ruin. I think I like my erotic art to be a bit more erotic than that. And the crowd--"Lord, deliver us from Abercrombie & Fitch!" I was so over (or was it under?) -dressed in my leather corset. But I guess that's what you get for an art scene in Pittsburgh. Some of the art (from past shows, I guess) for sale in bins was interesting, and there was at least one photo I would have purchased for myself if I had that kind of money to spend--actually if you are looking to decorate your walls with something risque, the prices are quite reasonable but I'm on a tight budget right now-- and there was a titilating array of books and postcards on the shelves. I liked the one band I saw and the DJ who was on afterwards, but didn't catch their names. I don't know what the space looked like when the gallery was in the strip district, but the new space is, well, spacious. I am also bummed that I could not talk my friend into helping me make use of the bathroom cam. Oh well. Afterwards, we went to Ceremony, where the DJ was taking some liberties with the format and stumped me with one really crunchy metal tune--I would've liked to know who the band was but was too lazy to get up and ask, and I guess it was fun. Why don't I sound sure? Well, I'm still in a funky mood.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...