Wednesday, November 27, 2002

My Adventures with Henna, Mehndi, Mehandi...


I have to recommend this elegant and amazing book of henna patterns: Hennaria: Traditional Iranian Henna Art, from TapDancing Lizard. It was written by a 16-year old boy of Iranian decent, who copied patterns from his grandmother's notebooks and from family documents. The patterns are intricate and beautiful, and documentable as Medieval patterns. I've already tried a few of them out and it has deepened my appreciation for the art. I guess I've been going through a "henna phase" lately. I've been reading "The Reverend Bunny's Secret Henna Diaries"--some very good stories in there. I also have to recommend my favorite suppliers of henna and henna acoutrements:


Happy henna-ing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...