Thursday, May 02, 2002

Back again. As I figure out how to to this blogging thing, I will add more interesting stuff. Firstly, how about some links related to the costuming stuff I do...DARKTHREADS.com...is the main Web page I set up. Unfortunately, it is being held hostage by my procrastinating SO, who is my Web developer. I usually have to ask about 578 times before he will make updates to it, and of course, I don't have the passwords or anything to do it myself. Oops, that sounded like a hateful rant. Anyway, I also have a storefront on EBay: DarkThreads Designs. This is kind-of a new thing, and people are just starting to get tuned into it. I can list fixed-price (non-auction) items there for longer periods of time, but these items don't show up in the regular auction listings. You have to specifically search the stores to find items in there. So I occasionally list an item as a regular auction and a pointer to my storefront. The business trickles in slowly, but it is all I can handle right now anyway. And, I am getting rave reviews from my customers. EBay has enabled me to broaden my audience--I have customers in England, Germany, France...but the thing I don't like is that it takes such a bite out of my profits. Anyway....

What am I working on this week? Well, I have four gypsy/Ghawazee/Ghawazi vests on the cutting table for a local dance troupe. And I got a custom order that came through via EBay: matching belly dance top and skirt, and I am working on a Rennaissance wedding--a total of 11 outfits for the wedding party (I'm doing all but the bridal gown, which, thank (insert deity of choice here), is being done by another vendor.

Oh... and as if I don't have enough to do, I also play in a Middle-Eastern music and dance ensemble, Khafif. We are working on some new pieces of music and I have been having fun learning how to use Noteworthy music notation software.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...