Monday, May 20, 2002

So, War Practice was COLD! I mean really really REALLY COLD. And it rained rained rained. It was awful. Usually, the weather, no matter how bad, does not hamper our fun that much, etc. but the mood was definitely not as festive as usual. I have camped in worse, but I just wasn't prepared for this. Friday night, the rain came down and never let up and we stood around the fires quietly trying to survive. Whiskey was much appreciated for its warming qualities, but seemed to have no other effect, being quickly metabolized with all the shivering and trying to stay warm. I slept tightly clenched in a fetal position, waking up the next day with muscle aches. The rain stopped, but it never got warmer. I walked around the merchants area, watched some of the fighting, but my spirits never lifted. By evening, a lot of other people were packing up and leaving, not willing to spend another night like the previous one. So, I packed up too and came home Saturday night. What a bummer. It might have been worth if for the fighters--they like it when it is cold, but it was a total waste of time for me. Even if I did see anything in the merchants area of interest, I did not have any money to buy it. I don't think I'm going to any other events for a while.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...