Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Re: dating, or "on Being a Strange Fish in a Small Pond..." I have decided that I am not going to do commitment or exclusivity with anyone for a while. Of course that does not mean I wish to live as an ascetic monk or anything like that. On the contrary, I am always on the look out for potential "date" material. It's not going so well but I haven't given it much of a chance yet. I've been noticing some unfortunate trends in my effort to meet new people: 1) Pittsburgh is a small town. I already know everyone. 2) Whenever a guy approaches me and asks for my number, I usually DO NOT want to give it to him for various reasons (he is unattractive, he creeps me out, etc.) 3) Whenever I voluntarily give my number to someone, he doesn't call me back, or at least I haven't heard from anyone yet. It's a bit discouraging. And, you would think that an attractive redhead, who is NOT looking for a long-term relationship, would have to fend them off with a stick.

BTW, I will be going to see Thou Shalt Not and Cruxshadows at the Upstage (note that show starts at 6:30 pm !!!) on Saturday, Oct. 25. I will be dressed entirely in RED and I should be a little hard to miss.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...