Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Current Sewing Project: US Army Roundabout, 1812

I'm working for my black powder/Rev. war reenactor friend again. He's been doing War of 1812 stuff lately, so this is an army jacket of that period, based on It only includes sizes 38-44, and I had to scale and adjust the pattern up for a size 54 - a non-trivial task, but my fitting skills just get better. I did a muslin fitting and cut out all the pieces, and so far have the welt pocket on the right front sewn. I'm working on it little by little, as I find the time. The design and construction of the back is not too different from the 1870s Robe Anglaise that I did last year.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...